Read more Jersey Vegetable Crops Ag Updates @
Commercial Ag Updates
on the Rutgers Plant & Pest Advisory

Plant & Pest Advisory > Commercial Ag Updates and Farm Food Safety

Plant & Pest Advisory > Vegetable Crops

Contact Information

The points of contact between Rutgers Cooperative Extension Service and the grower & business communities are the NJ County Agricultural Agents. The agents are a tremendous source of information for both new and experienced growers. Visit your local county extension office.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Reducing Storm Damage to Greenhouses

There is a lot of information in this article that I did not know about protecting greenhouses. It is certainly worth taking a look at:
-Jenny Carleo

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Contact Your Local FSA Office and FEMA to Report Storm Damage

Crops insured by federal crop insurance or by the Noninsured Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) are covered when floodwaters have rendered them valueless. USDA encourages all farmers and ranchers to contact their crop insurance companies and local USDA Farm Service Agency Service Centers, as applicable, to report damages to crops or livestock loss. More information about federal crop insurance may be found at Additional resources to help farmers and ranchers deal with flooding and other damage may be found at

To find the USDA Service Center nearest you, please visit :

Additionally, sometimes farmers may not think of contacting FEMA. However, FEMA often offers assistance to small business owners after a disaster. Farms are included in that category. FEMA is not only for homeowners. Check with your local county government to find out where the temporary FEMA office will be located in your area.

Michelle Infante-Casella, Agricultural Agent