Read more Jersey Vegetable Crops Ag Updates @
Commercial Ag Updates
on the Rutgers Plant & Pest Advisory

Plant & Pest Advisory > Commercial Ag Updates and Farm Food Safety

Plant & Pest Advisory > Vegetable Crops

Contact Information

The points of contact between Rutgers Cooperative Extension Service and the grower & business communities are the NJ County Agricultural Agents. The agents are a tremendous source of information for both new and experienced growers. Visit your local county extension office.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Crop Disaster Reporting

With this past week's heavy rains and flooding in some parts of NJ, farmers with crop damage from weather should contact their local USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) office to help them make a more accurate assessment of damage. Once a certain level of damage is reported in an area, a disaster declaration can be sought so that funding may possibly be made available in the future. Producers should also consider crop insurance and it is sometimes required to be eligible for some FSA programs. To locate the local FSA office covering counties in your area see

Michelle Infante-Casella, Agricultural Agent