All New Jersey Farmers are invited to the Second Annual Agricultural Water Summit, developed to answer all questions regarding permitting, use of I maps, what constitutes good quality irrigation water, how nursery can reuse safely use run-off, proper pond management and much more.
March 21, 2012 - 9am to Noon
Location: Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Burlington County
2 Academy Drive
Westampton, New Jersey 08060
2. Do you know if your farm is located in a critical water area that has restrictions?
3. Do you have questions when you file your Water Use Certifications or fill out your Annual Water Use Reports?
The following speakers will be present to address all water use questions.
• Ken Komar, NJDEP Office of Water Use
• Bill Cutts, Cranberry grower, and Water Use Expert
• Dr. Stephanie Murphy, Director of Rutgers Soil and Water Testing Labs
• Ray Samulis, Burlington County Agriculture Agent
• Dr. Sal Mangiafico,, Environmental and Resource Management Agent, Rutgers
• Mike Haberland, Environmental and Resource Management Agent, Rutgers
• There will be others from NJDEP, US Geological Survey Office and Rutgers
These are just a few of the questions answered and explained for farmers who irrigate in New Jersey.